Monday, August 1, 2011

The Perks of One Day

Corny title I know haha!
P.S. bad photo quality...it was taken by my webcam :)

 One Day - David Nicholls
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
 PSAT book :P

It's really sad when a bookstore closes. It's even sadder when the whole company goes out of business. As you all know (or don't know) I'm a really big book nerd! And I have the shelves and glasses to prove it! So, hearing that Borders is going out of business was a bitter sweet news. It's sad because Borders would always be the first store I would go to at the mall but it's also awesome because everything is discounted by a large percentage! 

I'm not a big fan of library's because I love rereading book and putting sticky notes in them so I can go back to my favorite parts if I'm having a bad day or something. So, even though I've read this book before I bought it. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is probably one of my favorite books! A lot of it is so quotable and I think the book is just 'infinite'! I'm so glad I now have a copy of my own :) I also bought the novel One Day by David Nicholls! I've been eyeing this book for a while now and I found out that it's being made into a movie with some of my favorite actors (Jim Sturgess and Anne Hathaway) So, I am so glad that I get to read it before it comes out in the movie theatres!

Last but now least...I got something on the more nerdy/academic side. Being a sophomore 
means I'll be taking my PSAT this year. So, luckily I snagged the last PSAT study book that was on the shelf! I'm determined to get great scores on my PSAT and definitely my SATs. My schedule will definitely be filled with study, study, study! Who wouldn't love a full ride scholarship to college? Haha that sounded really nerdy :)

Happy 1st day of August everyone!
How did you spend your last day of July?

2 comments:

  1. I hate when book stores close! It's the worst. You look super cute.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower for so long! I need to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete