Saturday, May 5, 2012

Congrats to the Grad!

With finals coming up I've been really hitting the books hard...which is why I haven't been the best blogger for a while haha :P But school comes first right? Yup! Luckily summer is less than 3 weeks away for me!

Speaking of school...today my oldest brother, Karl, graduated with his undergrad today from IU! I'm soooo proud of him! He's super smart and super awesome with a super big future ahead of him :) He's super man haha!

I've only been to a high school graduation so I was excited to go to a college graduation especially one from an university that I may potentially go to! It was really awesome! The stadium was filled and everything just seemed grand in a way. Also, this year's commencement speaker was Booker T. Jones... ^o^ yeah you read right! Booker T. Jones as in Booker T. and the MG's maker of the fantastic song Green Onions! Yeah...I was quite excited about that! It was such a cool experience! His speech was really well written. In his speech he said this phrase that really stuck with me, "If you want to rise to the top, stay close to the bottom." Oh so wise! :D

Anyways, back to my brother! He's graduating with the Bachelors Science of HPER (a.k.a. Health, Physical Education, and Recreation) Seeing him graduate and getting one step closer made me think about my future! I still have no sure idea of what I want to do yet but my idea is slowly solidifying and I'm getting more and more excited about it!

Here's some photos from this fantastic day!

So hope you all have a wonderful weekend :D
If you don't hear from me for the next few weeks it's because I'll be drowning in coursework :P Haha wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment