Tuesday, June 5, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Make lemonade!!! 
Which is exactly what my friend and I did yesterday! I find freshly squeezed lemonade to be a lot better than store bought lemonade. Maybe it's the lack of all those preservatives or maybe it's a rewarding feeling afterwards knowing that you made something this tasty and refreshing haha either way it's summer and I've decided to share with you guys how to make homemade lemonade (even though a lot of you may already know how haha) oh well...here we go! :)
What you need:
2 lemons ,1 knife, 1 cup of sugar, 1 bowl and1 shot glass (or an actual squeezer), 1 pitcher
Put a cup of sugar in the pitcher!
Since I don't own a lemon squeezer my brother was clever enough to use a shot glass and bowl to squeeze the lemon instead! Resourceful right? :D Anyways, cut the lemons in half and squeeze them out! 
(p.s. that's my friend squeezing the lemon)
Put the lemon juice into the pitcher and mix the two together!
Add water into the pitcher and mix it. Cut the left over lemon skin from 1 lemon into little slices and put it in the pitcher with the lemonade...not sure if it actually has any effect but my brother did it when we first made lemonade and I thought it looked really cool so I also do it now haha :)
Now reward yourself with a nice glass of cold refreshing lemonade :) Easy enough right? And it's super tasty

Along with making lemonade, my friend and I decided to also make...
Homemade Mac & Cheese
 Cheesy Bread
 Bleach Designed Tank Tops :)
...and we ate mangoes :)
I've never eaten so much cheese in one day haha and I've never had such a productive day over the summer before! It's really nice to do something other than sit in front of the t.v. and watch mindless television. She and I are planning on making a lot of D.I.Y. clothes so get ready to learn how to do a lot of stuff haha :)

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Also, I'm thinking of doing a fun giveaway once I reach 50 followers! So get pumped :D

6 comments:

  1. I love freshly squeezed lemonade! And you which shirt is yours? You should definitely do a d.i.y. of that!

    ~Effy Mac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shirt was the one with the infinity sign on it and I am planning on doing a D.I.Y. :)

      <3 Sharmaine Ruth

      Delete
  2. that lemonade looks so refreshing!

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures make me crave for lemonade now. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so in awe of your sewing skills - i always wanted to be able to make stuff to wear
    I also nominated you for a blog award
    http://jessica-girlonfilm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for mangoes! I thought I was the only one who ate them weirdly like that xD
    (HI btw, new follower!)

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete