Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dentophobia

 (Random Photos) -^_^-

Dentophobia - Fear of dentists or dental procedures.

I'm not saying I have the extreme phobia where I can't even stand the thought...but they really do scare me :P Today after school I had my 6 month teeth cleaning and I find myself sitting in this room with this stranger holding sharp objects and scraping them in my mouth creating these scary metal sharp object sounds that I'm cringing even to the thought of it. Then, as she's cleaning my teeth I realize that my eyes are watering and I have a few tears on my face. Once I realize that, I then come to find that I'm holding my breath so I quickly try to catch my breath without her noticing.

Maybe it's the idea of having sharp objects in my mouth. Or the fact that a person who doesn't know me that well and doesn't know how sensitive I am to touch is in charge of what is going on.


Or maybe it's because when I was a young child I had to be strapped down and given laughing gas for dentists to be able to work on me. Well, one psychology approach that I learned in psychology class does explain that you are effected by the first 5-7 years of your life.......Yeah...that explains it.

Well, there is good news though...NO CAVITIES FOR THIS GIRL :D

Enjoy the pictures I took a while ago with my Lomo-120 camera :)

Hope you guys have had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to say...I love your name! It is so pretty!

    I stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hi! :-)
    Come on over and visit color issue...there's also a big anthro giveaway!

    xoxoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete