Thursday, November 1, 2012

Seen by the Sightless

I've always been so intrigued by photos...I think one of the reasons I'm so into photography now is because I'll spend hours just looking at different photos thinking about the story behind them, wondering if they would work in another lighting or at a different angle, and just admiring the fact that some genius caught that moment at that time.

Since being in photography class I've spent pretty much every period in the dark room and since I already finished the assignment that was due today I gave myself a little break. On the days we aren't developing or using an enlarger our teacher has a bookshelf stacked with books of photos to give us inspiration...it worked!
I stumbled across this book made up entirely of photos taken by blind teenagers. When I saw the cover I became interested but opening that first page I became completely intrigued. The photos were amazing and the little stories about the kids were inspiring! I fell in love with the book! It's so cool to think that a person from low vision to no vision at all can take the amazing photographs!

Here are some of my favorites:
 

Just something little I wanted to share with you all :)
Hope you've had an inspiring day as well!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a beautiful book with so many amazing stories! I always love those kind of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love photography too, sometimes I see everything in pictures.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete